Weeknight 5 Minute Shoyu Butter Udon Noodles!
More quick and easy vegan noodle recipes to try:
- 5 Minute Corn Mayo Udon
- 10 Minute Pan Fried Noodles
- Quick Spicy Peanut Noodles
- Quick Garlic Chili Oil Noodles
- Spicy Chili Crisp Sesame Noodles
- Yaki Udon
If you recreate this Shoyu Butter Udon recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
Hungry for more? Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest for more deliciousness!
This quick udon noodle recipe is a life saver for when you’re in a rush and need something on the table in under 10 minutes!
- 1 serving frozen udon noodles (250g)
- 1/2 cup shimeji mushrooms (60g // or mushrooms of choice)
- 1/2 cup vegetable of choice, optional (approx. 40g)*
- 1 scallion, sliced (12g)
- 1 tbsp vegan butter (13g)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (15ml)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- sesame seeds, for garnish
- Place the udon to a microwave safe bowl and cover with a plate. Microwave for 1 minute (600W). Add the mushrooms and then microwave for another 1 1/2 minutes. Add remaining vegetables (if using), scallion whites, vegan butter, soy sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper and microwave for another 1 minute.
- Udon noodles should be warmed and cooked through. Mix everything together, garnish with remaining green parts of the scallions and sesame seeds. Serve and enjoy!
- *For vegetables that take longer to cook (ie. carrots), add them with the mushrooms. For vegetables that are quick-cookie (ie. zucchini, spinach) add them after mushrooms.
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: entree
- Method: microwave
- Cuisine: vegan, japanese
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 466
- Sugar: 2.4
- Sodium: 1751mg
- Fat: 13.4
- Saturated Fat: 3.4
- Unsaturated Fat: 7.6
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 77.4
- Fiber: 5.3
- Protein: 16.7
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: easy udon noodles,
SAVE IT FOR LATER! ↓
Okonomi Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase something through my amazon affiliate links, I earn a small commission that helps me produce consistent content at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my plant based kitchen!