Super easy vegan mayo corn udon made in the microwave for a quick meal thats creamy, flavourful and satisfying! Add spicy mustard or togarashi for a spicy kick.
If you recreate this Corn Mayo Udon recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
Hungry for more? Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Easy vegan mayo corn udon made in the microwave for a quick weeknight meal! Creamy, sweet and a touch of heat for a spicy flare.
- 1 package frozen udon noodles (250g)
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp vegan mentsuyu (OR ½ tsp mushroom stock powder, 2 tsp soy sauce & 1 tsp sugar)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- pepper to taste
- 1 scallion, whites and greens seperated
- 1 heaping tbsp vegan mayo
- ¼ cup corn
- shredded nori (kizami nori)
- Optional: spicy mustard and togarashi (Japanese chili spice)
- Place frozen udon in a bowl with butter, noodle soup base and garlic powder. Microwave for 2 minutes on high (or until udon is almost thawed and cooked. Microwave the corn and white part of the scallions for 45-60 seconds. Stir in vegan kewpie mayonnaise and green parts of the scallions. Serve with nori and togarashi.
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: entree
- Method: microwave
- Cuisine: vegan, japanese
SAVE IT FOR LATER! ↓
Okonomi Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase something through my amazon affiliate links, I earn a small commission that helps me produce consistent content at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my plant based kitchen!