Quick & easy Japanese stir fried udon noodles!
If you recreate this Yaki Udon recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
Hungry for more? Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest for more deliciousness!
- 1/4 onion, sliced
- 2 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup vegetables of choice (cabbage, carrots… etc)
- 1 serving udon noodles (about 90g)
- soy curls (optional)
- 2 scallions, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp vegan mentsuyu*
- 1 tbsp mirin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp of vegetable oil in a wok over medium high heat. Add in the onions and fry for 1 minute. Add in the shiitake mushrooms and cook for 30 seconds. Add in the vegetables and scallions, and cook until softened (about 1 1/2 – 2 minutes). Add the udon, mentsuyu and mirin and cook for another 30 seconds or until noodles are loosened. Serve and enjoy!
- *Vegan mentsuyu can be substituted for 1 tbsp soy sauce + 1 tbsp sake + 1 tsp kombu dashi granules