This single serving S’mores Mug Cake features a graham cracker flavoured cake, studded with melty chocolate chips and marshmallows. The perfect fuss free and easy alternative to satisfy your s’mores craving, ready in 1 minute! (Vegan, Gluten Free + Oil Free)
S’mores mug cake for mug cake week day 6! Inspired by my strong craving for s’mores since the weather has gotten much nicer (most days) and the sun setting at 8:30 pm.
Even though it’s still technically spring, I feel like in Toronto we just whizz by spring and fall and just jumps right into summer or winter. And lately, it’s been a summer vibe ya know?
I contemplated and tested a couple variations for this mug cake in terms of the base. Should I go for a cookie cake base or a chocolate cake base? My taste testers all agreed that the cookie cake base was much better because it didn’t over powder the graham crackers and marshmallows as much as the chocolate base did sooo thats what I went with. The ingredients are loosely based off my chocolate chip mug cake with just a couple changes:
- Flax Egg: Gives it that chewy cookie like texture!
- Drippy Nut Butter: Replaces oil or butter and gives it moisture. I like to use almond butter, cashew butter or tahini here because it doesn’t alter the flavour as much as peanut butter would.
- Sugar: I love using coconut sugar in my mug cakes but cane sugar gives it a nice crispy surface which is really tasty too.
- Oat Flour: Like all of my mug cakes, it’s made with a base of oat flour but it can easily be replaced with spelt or all purpose flour.
- Chocolate Chips + Marshmallows + Graham Crackers: It ain’t s’mores without these components right? If you can’t find vegan graham crackers, you can also sub with a crispy cookie or some sort.
TIP: If you prefer a chocolate base s’mores cake, swap 1 tbsp of the oat flour with cocoa powder!
The simplicity of this s’mores dessert wins me over. All of the ingredients go into a mug and gets cooked in the microwave for about 1 minute. No setting up a fire, no smelling like a BBQ right after, no fuss and ready in 2 minutes.
And what you’re left with if a super duper delicious cookie like cake in a mug with melty chocolate, marshmallows and crispy graham crackers. So much textures going on here I LOVE IT.
Until I can justify setting up a whole camp fire to toast some marshmallows, this is going to be my BFF for nights when I’m craving some s’mores.
If you’re looking for some tips and tricks to getting the perfect mug cake, check out my first Banana Bread Mug Cake recipe post for all the deets! It covers everything from the best cook time for your microwave, how to tell when your mug cake is done and more.
More Vegan Mug Cakes to Love!
- Banana Bread Mug Cake
- Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
- Cinnamon Roll in a Mug
- Blueberry Lemon Mug Cake
- Fudgy Mug Brownie
- Funfetti Mug Cake
If you recreate this S’mores Mug Cake recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!Print
This single serving vegan S’mores Mug Cake features a graham cracker flavoured cake, studded with melty chocolate chips and marshmallows. The perfect fuss free and easy alternative to satisfy your s’mores craving!
- 1/2 flax egg (1/2 tbsp flax meal + 1 tbsp aquafaba or water mixed together for 5 minutes)
- 2 tbsp non dairy milk
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp drippy nut butter (15g // almond butter, cashew butter or tahini works best for flavour)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp oat flour (22g // homemade or store bought)
- 2 tbsp graham cracker flour (14g)**
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- small pinch of salt
- 1.5 tbsp chocolate chips (22g)
- 3 tbsp vegan marshmallows (10g)
- 1 tbsp vegan graham crackers or graham cookies, crumbled (8g)
- Add flax egg, drippy nut butter, non dairy milk, coconut sugar and vanilla into a microwave safe mug and stir to combine.
- Add in oat flour, graham cracker flour, baking powder and salt. Fold in 1 tbsp of chocolate chips and 1 tbsp of marshmallows. Top with remaining chocolate chips, marshmallows and graham crackers.
- Microwave on high (1000 W) for 1 minute. Add 10-20 seconds if needed. Let it cool for 1 minute and dig in!
- *Graham Cracker Flour: To make graham cracker flour, add a couple graham crackers into a food processor until flour like consistency (looks like almond flour). I use about 6 graham crackers in a small food processor and store it in a mason jar for future use.
- Helpful Equipment: 8 oz mug or bowl, 10 oz mug or bowl, mini spatula
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: desserts
- Method: microwave
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 424
- Sugar: 28.7
- Sodium: 195mg
- Fat: 17.4
- Saturated Fat: 4.2
- Unsaturated Fat: 11.3
- Trans Fat: 0.16
- Carbohydrates: 59.1
- Fiber: 6.4
- Protein: 9.9
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: vegan mug cake, smores cake, gluten free mug cake, microwave chocolate chip cake
SAVE IT FOR LATER! ↓
Okonomi Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase something through my amazon affiliate links, I earn a small commission that helps me produce consistent content at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my plant based kitchen!