This easy Blueberry Lemon Mug Cake is moist, fluffy and bursting with juicy blueberries. Ready in minutes, this is the perfect healthy fresh breakfast, snack or dessert. Vegan, gluten free, oil free & refined sugar free!
For day 3 of Mug Cake Week we’re making a Lemon Blueberry Mug Cake!
Think lovely lemon flavoured moist n’ fluffy muffin-ish cake studded with juicy blueberries– the combo just screams spring (highly appropriate for this season)!!
I love having this one in the morning because it’s so fresh and simple and takes under 3 minutes to make. Talk about a quick breakfast eh?
Ingredients You Will Need To Make This Recipe
- Non Dairy Yogurt: If you have a thicker yogurt or greek yogurt, add 1 tbsp to thin it out just a bit until the right consistency.
- Blueberries: Fresh or frozen!
- Lemon: Both the zest and juice for that lovely lemon flavour.
- Oat flour: The oat flour really gives a nice texture and crumb to this muffin cake so I wouldn’t suggest substituting it.
- Maple syrup: Any liquid of sweeter will work.
- Cashew Butter: For more moisture and adds a bit of body. Tahini also works well.
In addition, you’ll also need baking basics like vanilla and baking powder.
How to Make it
Like any mug cake, it’s incredibly quick and easy to make:
- Mix all the wet ingredients together until combined. Mix in the dry ingredients. And then lastly fold in the blueberries
- Microwave for 1 minute and then another 30 seconds in 10 second intervals. Be sure not to over bake or it will come out as a rubbery dry mess. If you’re unsure, nn my banana mug cake post, I go over some tips to make sure your mug cake comes out perfectly 🙂
No microwave? NO PROBLEM! You can totally bake it in the oven:
Just bake at 350 F (180 C) for around 10-12 minutes or until it starts to rise and the top is cooked. Check doneness by inserting a toothpick and ensuring it comes out clean (a few crumbs is okay).
Guyssss, look at that texture! So fluffy and moist. You can either think of it as a mug muffin or cake, either way it’s so dang good! If you’re having it for breakfast, you can double up the recipe and make it in a wider mug or bowl– it’s a great and way to change up oatmeal! Plus, it brings up the ~spring vibez~.
More Vegan Single Serving Desserts to Love:
If you recreate this Healthy Blueberry Lemon Mug Cake recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!Print
This easy vegan Blueberry Lemon Mug Cake is moist, fluffy and bursting with juicy blueberries. Ready in minutes, this is the perfect healthy fresh breakfast, snack or dessert. Gluten free, oil free & refined sugar free!
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (15g)
- 1 tbsp cashew butter (15g // or tahini)
- 1.5 tbsp maple syrup (30g)
- 2 heaping tbsp non-dairy yogurt (35g)*
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup oat flour (30g // homemade or store bought)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp blueberries (30g)
- 1 tbsp non dairy milk (15g // only as needed)
- Coconut whip cream
- Dairy free vanilla ice cream
- Add the lemon juice, cashew butter, maple syrup, non dairy yogurt, vanilla and lemon zest into a mug and stir until combined.
- Add in the oat flour and baking powder and mix until just combined. If the batter looks too thick (due to thicker yogurts), stir in 1 tbsp of non dairy milk. Fold in blueberries.
- Microwave on high (1000 W) for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Microwave for another 10 seconds if needed.
- Let it cool for 2 minutes and enjoy!
- Follow steps 1 & 2 above.
- Bake at 350 F for 10-12 minutes until cake rises and top is cooked. Check doneness by inserting toothpick and ensuring it comes out mostly clean.
- Category: dessert
- Method: microwave
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 308
- Sugar: 16g
- Sodium: 274
- Fat: 11.7g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.8g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 44.5g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 7.5g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: microwave vegan mug cake, gluten free mug cake, lemon blueberry mug cake, microwave blueberry muffin
SAVE IT FOR LATER! ↓
Okonomi Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase something through my amazon affiliate links, I earn a small commission that helps me produce consistent content at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my plant based kitchen!