These Matcha Cookies are crisp on the edges and crumble apart perfectly in your mouth. They’re vegan, gluten free, oil free & a delicious treat!
Continuing my Matcha love, I am so excited to share these Matcha cookies! If you’re new to Matcha, check out my Matcha Granola post to get to know this sophisticated superfood a little more and how to pick the best quality powder.
If you love cookies and love matcha (or is your first time trying matcha), here’s why I think you’d love these cookies… they’re:
- vegan, gluten free & oil-free dairy-free
- easy and fast to make
- the perfect amount of matcha to taste its beautiful flavour but without the bitterness
- crispy on the edges and soft and crumbly toward the centre (we’re talking melt-in-your-mouth)
- perfect for an afternoon tea, snack or even dessert!
If you make this bomb matcha granola, please share it and let me know what you think by tagging me on Instagram @lisakitahara, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
- 1 c oat flour (125g)
- 2 tsp matcha powder (I get mine from Encha)
- 1/3 c tahini
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp aluminium free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Optional: 4 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Total time: <30 minutes
- Makes 10-12 cookies
- Longer bake time yields crunchier cookies while short bake time yields softer and crumbly cookies
- the smaller you make them, the less baking time you will need & will also yield a more crunchy cookie
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients into another.
- Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- Scoop around 1.5 tbsp of dough per cookie in lined baking tray
- Bake for 12-14 minutes