Vegan Instant Pot Burrito Bowls is a quick fuss-free dump dinner recipe made with just 8 pantry staple ingredients! BIG on flavour, incredibly hearty and perfect for busy nights.
Some nights you just need a simple, fuss-free dump dinner.
What are dump dinners? It’s exactly what it sounds like: dump all the ingredients into a cooking vessel and let it do its thanggg. Minimal. Effortless. Essential.
You can make dump meals in the oven, in a slow cooker, over the stove top or the handy dandy instant pot! Which, if you couldn’t tell already is what we’re using today to make ultra delicious big-on-flavour vegan burrito burrito bowls.
I wanted this recipe to use as minimal ingredients as possible without compromising flavour. So we’re working with just 8 pantry staples!
- canned black beans
- canned corn
- long grain rice
- canned chilies
- salsa (from a jar) – mild or spicy!
- homemade taco mix – you can use store bought but this DIY version gives it so much more flavour IMO.
- bell pepper – this is a staple vegetable in my kitchen BUT you can totally omit or substitute with mushrooms, carrots or cauliflower.
Let’s get into how the magic happens.
First, use the sauté option to cook the onions and peppers until translucent a slightly tender.
Dump in the black beans, corn, green chilies and salsa.
Then layer the rice evenly on top. Pour the broth over, making sure that the rice is fully submerged underwater. DO NOT STIR! Press the white rice button and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Allow the pressure to release naturally.
And thats it! You can take it up a notch by stirring in some vegan cheese so you get some of that creamy-stretchy action.
Ouu, yes and for toppings… go wild with it. You can top it off with some more vegan cheese, cashew sour cream, avocado, cilantro, green onions and tortilla chips. YUM.
Leftovers will keep well in the fridge for up to 3-4 days so it’s also great for a quick hands free meal prep. I hope you guys try and love this one as much as we do!!
More Vegan Dump Dinner Recipes to Love:
- Panera Black Bean Soup (Instant Pot)
- 5-Ingredient Chili (Instant Pot)
- Dump & Bake Thai Red Curry Rice Casserole
SAVE IT FOR LATER! ↓
If you recreate this Vegan Instant Pot Burrito Bowls recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!Print
Healthy, 8-ingredient vegan Instant Pot Burrito Bowls! Easy, nutritious and just 20 minutes to prepare. Big flavour and perfect for lazy weeknights!
- 1/2 large onion, chopped (125g)
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (150g)
- 2 tbsp homemade taco seasoning (10g)
- 1 15oz can of black beans, drained & rinsed (260g)
- 1 10oz can of corn, drained (164g)
- 1/4 cup diced green chiles or pickled jalapeño (28g)
- 1 cup mild or hot salsa (265g)
- 1 cup long grain jasmine rice (180g)
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup vegan cheese, optional (56g // I used a mix of Earth Island, GoVeggie and Daiya)
- Lettuce, fresh tomatoes, red onions, green onions or cilantro
- Guacamole or avocado
- Vegan sour cream
- Set instant pot to sauté. Add onions and cook for 3 minutes. Add in the bell peppers for cook for another 2 minutes until slightly tender. Turn off the sauté setting.
- Add in the black beans, corn, green chiles, salsa, rice and then water/broth. Ensure that the rice is fully submerged underwater (do not stir the rice but layer it evenly on top of the other ingredients). Press the white rice button and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Allow the pressure to release naturally.
- Divide and serve with toppings of your choice and enjoy!
- Helpful Equipment: Instant Pot
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: entree
- Method: instant pot
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, mexican
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 336
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 1111mg
- Fat: 1.6
- Saturated Fat: 0.37
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 70.6g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 12.1g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: instant pot burrito bowl, instant pot recipes, vegan burrito bowls
Okonomi Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase something through my amazon affiliate links, I earn a small commission that helps me produce consistent content at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my plant based kitchen!