These Vegan BetterFingers are a Healthy(er) twist on the classic ButterFingers! Delicious crispy peanut butter inside with a luscious chocolate coating. No-bake & made with just 4-ingredients!
My top 3 favourite chocolate candy bars growing up were: Twix, Hershey’s Cookies & Cream and ButterFingers. Do you see the similarities in all 3? Yep, they all have some sort of crispy element to them. I love chocolate bars with texture and it’s a bonus when peanut butter is matched with heaven. I’ve made Twix Bars for the blog before but I thought it was time to recreate ButterFingers! They’re so much easier and quicker to make- perfect for last minute Halloween Treat Making. PLUS, theres no baking involved! You ready? LETS DO THIS!
Ingredients to Make Vegan ButterFingers
ButterFingers are loaded with ingredients that I literally ????!! BUT thee vegan butter fingers are made with just 4 healthier ingredients:
- Crispy Cereal: My go-to cereal for no-bake treats are crispy rice! Corn flakes, wheat bran and cheerios are also a good option. DO NOT use puffed cereal or they become a soggy mess.
- Rice Malt Syrup: This replaced the corn syrup thats traditionally used. You can use maple syrup but you may need to increase the amount of cereal because it’s less thick than rice malt syrup.
- Peanut butter: all natural, yes.
- Dark Chocolate: dark chocolate is much easier to coat the candy bars with but semi-sweet will also work.
How to Make Vegan ButterFingers
These are seriously the easiest candy bars to make! All you need to do is break down the cereal in a food processor. Add the rice malt syrup + peanut butter + salt in and blend. Then add in the remaining cereal to retain extra crunch. Freeze. Cut. Freeze. And then lastly coat with chocolate.
How to Store Healthy ButterFingers
These bars are best stored in the freezer to retain it’s crispy texture and will last for 2 weeks (but I don’t think they’ll last that long) 😉.
I hope you try out these Vegan Butterfingers! They’re very reminiscent of the OG Butterfingers bars without all the processed ingredients and chemicals.
More Delicious Healthy Chocolate Bars to Try!
- Browned Butter Twix Bars
- No-bake Chunky Money Twix Bars
- Chocolate Covered Stuffed Dates
- Chocolate Covered Caramel Bites
If you recreate this Vegan BetterFingers recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
Hungry for more? Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest for more deliciousness!
These Vegan BetterFingers are a Healthy(er) twist on the classic ButterFingers! Delicious crispy peanut butter inside with a luscious chocolate coating.
- Add 2 cups of the cereal into a food processor and blend until broken down. Add in the maple syrup, peanut butter, and salt and blend until almost combined. Add in the remaining 1/2 cup of cereal and blend until combined.
- Press into a 6×6 inch parchment lined baking tray. Place into the freezer for 15 minutes. Take it out of the freezer and then cut into desired pieces. I cut them into 12 pieces. Place back into the freezer.
- In the mean time, melt chocolate in microwave until smooth. Take the peanut butter bars out of the freezer and cover or dip them in the chocolate. Place them on a wire rack or parchment lined baking tray and place into the fridge or freezer until set.
- *Maple syrup can be used instead of rice malt syrup but note that maple syrup is more viscous and more cereal may be needed if the mixture is too wet/sticky. Add in 1/4 cup of cereal at a time.
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: North American
- Serving Size: 1/12 Bars
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 97mg
- Fat: 9.6g
- Saturated Fat: 3.4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.4g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: chocolate candy bar, dairy free, butterfingers, peanut butter chocolate
SAVE IT FOR LATER! ↓
Okonomi Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase something through my amazon affiliate links, I earn a small commission that helps me produce consistent content at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my plant based kitchen!