Spicy vegan grilled cheest with scallions, chili crisp oil and garlic butter. This scallion chili crisp grill cheese is crispy, spicy and bold in flavour.
If you recreate this Scallion Chili Crisp Grill Cheese recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
Hungry for more? Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest for more deliciousness!
- 2 slices of your favourite bread (I used sourdough)
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegan butter (22g)
- 1 garlic clove, micro grated
- 4–5 tbsp vegan melty cheese
- 2–3 tsp chili sauce of choice (chili crisp oil, sambal oelek or sriracha)
- 1 scallion, sliced
- Mix the micro grated garlic with vegan butter. Spread the garlic butter on one side for both pieces of bread. Place one slice on a non stick pan over medium low heat, butter side down. Spread a thick layer of melty vegan cheese and then drizzle on chili sauce of choice (the amount will depend on how spicy you like it, experiment!). Add a generous amount of scallions and then place the second slice of bread on top.
- Let it grill until toasted and beautifully golden brown (about 3-4 minutes). I like to cook it until I see a nice char (almost burnt). Carefully flip the grilled cheese and continue to cook (about 2 minutes).
- When you reach a toasty golden brown, remove from the pan. Slice, serve with ketchup (if desired) and enjoy!
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
SAVE IT FOR LATER! ↓
Okonomi Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase something through my amazon affiliate links, I earn a small commission that helps me produce consistent content at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my plant based kitchen!