These Chocolate Chip Tahini Vegan Muffins come together in just 20 minutes, in ONE bowl using only 8 wholesome ingredients! They’re moist and fluffy in texture and have notes of roasted tahini infused into them. They make for a perfect on the go breakfast or snack! (vegan, & free of: refined sugar, dairy, nuts, oil, gluten)
We all need a lil’ bit (or a lot) of muffins in our life right? Right. Well, do I have a muffin recipe for you! These are the BEST DANG TAHINI MUFFINS EVER because they not only are fluffy, moist and soft just how muffins should be- but they’re studded with delicious morsels of semi sweet rich chocolate! Tahini is like the adult, more sophisticated version of peanut butter. Peanut butter chocolate? Yes. TAHINI chocolate? HECK YES. These two flavours pair so fabulously together, I’m guilty of dipping my chocolate bars into a jar of drippy tahini… anyone else?
This easy recipe consists of only 8 ingredients that go into one bowl.
Mix. Mix. Fold. Mix. Then scoop them into some muffin tins.
Into the oven it goes for around 12 minutes and they’re done!
Here’s why I LOVE these Tahini Chocolate Chip Muffins so much (and why I think you should make them too 😉):
they’re vegan, dairy, gluten & nut free
made in one bowl (hey, less clean up)
made within 20 minutes
only 8 plant based simple ingredients
healthier than any muffin bought at the shops
fluffy, soft and moist
studded with rich semi sweet chocolate chips
make-ahead & freezer friendly
& perfect to take on the go for breakfast or as a snack
Are you convinced on making these muffins? Lets go!
Tips and Tricks to making this Tahini Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
Use overripe bananas! They have natural sweetness & give the muffins more moisture. The more spotty the tastier. Adjust the amount of maple syrup based on ripeness.
Use runny tahini as this gives the muffin more moisture along with the bananas.
Be gentle when mixing the batter! How much & how long you mix the mixture for will effect the overall outcome of the muffins. Over mixing might lead to tough, dense and flat muffins. Fold the mixture, just enough so that everything is incorporated.
Make these for meal prep & freeze them for maximal freshness! Just thaw them out the night before or when you wake up so that they’re defrosted by the time its breakfast/snack time.
If you have any food allergies, sub the tahini for sunflower butter or any nut/seed butter of your choice! They can be *insert name of nut/seed butter here chocolate chip muffins* and still be delicious 🙂
Toast these muffins if you have time! The chocolate chips get melty and spread around the muffin- SO GOOD.
If you recreate these Tahini Chocolate Chips Muffins please share it and let me know what you think by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!Print
- 1 1/3 cup mashed banana (300g)
- 1/4 cup runny tahini (60g)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (80ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 2/3 cup guten free oat flour (200g)
- 2 tbsp potato starch (15g)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips (50g)
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl and stir in the tahini, maple syrup, vinegar and vanilla.
- Next, add in your oat flour, potato starch, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips. Mix gently, in folding motions. *don’t over mix, as it will yield dense & chewy muffins!
- Divide into 8 muffin tins.
- Place them into the oven and bake for 5 minutes. Drop the temperature to 400F and bake to 12-14 minutes (keeping on eye on the last 2 minutes). Check my inserting a toothpick, it should come out clean!