Xiao Long Bao meets Sheng Jian Bao! This Xiao Jian Bao special is quick, easy and perfect for when you want soup dumplings without all the effort.
Watch how to make it + pleating video
More Vegan Dumplings to Love!
- Yeast Free Pan Fried Stuffed Buns (2 ways!)
- Yeast Free Crispy Bottom Curry Buns
- Vegan Char Siu Bao
- Vegan Gyoza
- Vegan Zongzi
- Vegan Sheng Jian Bao (Pan Fried Soup Dumplings)
- Simple Vegan Wonton Soup
SAVE IT FOR LATER! ↓
If you recreate this Xiao Jian Bao recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
Hungry for more? Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest for more deliciousness!
- appropriate amount dumpling wrappers
- appropriate amount of soup dumpling filling (or any juicy dumpling filling of choice)
- Take a dumpling wrapper and gently roll it out (the size should increase by 1/2-3/4cm). and wet the sides by dipping your index finger in water and running it around dumpling. Place 1-2 heaping tablespoon of filling in the middle and pleat it closed.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a pan and then place in the dumplings over medium heat until lightly golden on the bottom. Pour in 3-4 tbsp of water and cover for 4-5 minutes or until most of the water has cooked off. Uncover, sprinkle sesame seeds and scallions. Continue to pan fry until all the water is evaporated and the bottom is beautifully crispy again.
- Serve with Shanghai red vinegar or Chinese black vinegar and a bit of chili oil if you like it spicy!
Okonomi Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase something through my amazon affiliate links, I earn a small commission that helps me produce consistent content at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my plant based kitchen!