This Vegan Tofu Poke Bowl is light, healthy and so easy to make at home! Featuring crispy tofu, sea weed salad, edamame, mandarin oranges, cucumbers, avocado and fresh rice– all covered in a delicious fresh ponzu sauce. Gluten-Free + Oil-Free.
- 2 rice cooker cup short grain rice, dry (360g)
- 1 recipe of crispy tofu
- 1 cup sea weed salad
- 1 Japanese cucumber (or 2 Persian cucumbers)
- 1 small can of mandarin oranges, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 avocados
- pickled ginger or beni shoga, optional
- sesame seeds, optional
- aonori (finely chopped seaweed), optional
- scallions, optional
- togarashi, optional
- 1/4 + 2 tbsp ponzu sauce
- Measure and rinse the rice. Add the rice into the rice cooker and fill until the “2” line.
- While the rice is cooking, gather all your ingredients. Heat edamame as per instruction on the package. Open the tin of mandarin oranges, drain and rinse. Cut cucumbers into thin slices. Cut grape tomatoes in half, lengthwise. Cut avocados into slices or cubes. Thinly slice scallions.
- Once the rice is done cooking, mix and let it sit for a couple of minutes. Scoop some rice into a shallow bowl. Add a portion of crispy soy, sea weed salad, cucumbers, mandarin oranges, edamame, grape tomatoes and avocado. Garnish with some pickled ginger, sesame seeds, aonori, scallions and/or togarashi.
- Drizzle on the ponzu sauce and enjoy!
*Prep & Cook Time assumes crispy tofu is already prepared.
*Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: Entree
- Method: Rice Cooker
- Cuisine: Hawaiian-Japanese
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 692
- Sugar: 14.5g
- Sodium: 1082.5mg
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 3.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 15g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 100g
- Fiber: 11.5g
- Protein: 26.5g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Poke bowl, crispy tofu, seaweed salad, rice bowl