This Vegan Strawberry Matcha Latte features sweet strawberries, creamy milk, matcha and yummy grass jelly perfectly layered into a delicious and refreshing drink!
- Strawberry Sauce: In a medium sauce pan add the strawberries and 1 tbsp maple syrup over medium heat. Allow it to come to a boil and then reduce the heat to low. Mash the strawberries and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until the liquid reduces in volume. Remove from the heat and let it cool. Place into the fridge once it reaches room temperature.
- Milk Layer: Whisk together the evaporated coconut milk and 1 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Matcha layer: Whisk the matcha with the boiling water with a matcha tea whisk.
- Layer the ingredients in this order: 1/4 cup of the strawberry sauce, grass jelly, sweet milk, ice & matcha.
- Microwave Strawberry Sauce: Microwave the strawberries in a deep bowl for 30 seconds. Mash with a fork. Add in 1 tbsp maple syrup and microwave for another 30 seconds or until syrup-y.
- Substitute grass jelly with tapioca pears if desired.
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: beverages
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Taiwanese
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 190
- Sugar: 25.3g
- Sodium: 138mg
- Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.3g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 38.6g
- Fiber: 3.1gg
- Protein: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: vegan strawberry matcha latte, grass jelly drink