Mind blowing salted caramel sauce kissed with a touch of soy sauce. This umami rich soy sauce caramel is perfect over desserts and can be added to savory dishes too!
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk (132ml)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (108g)
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp soy sauce (35-40ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, optional
- 3/4 cup vegan caramel sauce (180g)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (30g)
- Into a sauce pan over medium, add in the coconut milk and sugar stirring until sugar is dissolved. The mixture will start to bubble and thicken, continue to stir so the bottom does not burn (about 5-8 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in soy sauce and vanilla extract.
- Serve immediately or keep in the refrigerator for up to one week. This caramel sauce will thicken as it cools but still be pourable and drizzle-able.
- If caramel sauce is thick, microwave it for 10-15 seconds until stir-able. Add in the soy sauce and whisk until well combined. Serve and enjoy!
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: sauces
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, japanese
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp
- Calories: 36
- Sugar: 6.1g
- Sodium: 99mg
- Fat: 1.2g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 6.2g
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: soy sauce caramel, vegan salted caramel sauce