Vegan pumpkin bread made with wholesome ingredients & naturally sweetened with maple syrup. Moist, fluffy and studded with chocolate chips and walnuts for the coziest fall breakfast!
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (250g)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (160g)
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp soy milk (95ml)
- 2 tbsp drippy almond butter (32g)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (10g)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (15g)
- 1 3/4 cup spelt flour (224g)
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice (13g)
- 2 tsp baking powder (10g)
- 1 tsp baking soda (5g)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped (65g)
- 1/2 cup chocolate, roughly chopped (80g)
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). Line a 8.5×4.5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Into a large bowl, add in the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, soy milk, almond butter, vanilla extract and apple cider vinegar. Whisk until combined and smooth. Add the spelt flour, pumpkin pies pice, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk until the batter starts to get thick. Then use a spatula and mix using folding motions, until almost combined. Fold in the walnuts and chocolate, this should finish off mixing without over working the batter.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan. Smooth out the top with a spoon or spatula and make sure that the corners are filled for even baking. Optional but recommended: top with chocolate chips and walnuts and press them in.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until smooth pick comes out clean when inserted in the middle. A few cooked crumbs are okay. If you find your loaf is burning faster at the top (some ovens tend to do this when baking times are long), cover with foil and continue to bake.
- Allow the loaf to cool in the pan for 3 minutes and then carefully remove and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely (about 1 hour). Slice, serve and enjoy!
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, north american
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 312
- Sugar: 16.6g
- Sodium: 202mg
- Fat: 14.4g
- Saturated Fat: 4.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.8g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 41.8g
- Fiber: 6.2g
- Protein: 7.1g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: vegan pumpkin bread, chocolate chip pumpkin bread, healthy pumpkin bread, spelt flour pumpkin bread