Easy, Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff made in 1 pot with wholesome pantry staple ingredients! Weeknight winter comfort food as its finest.
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked (75g)
- 1 cup cashew milk (250 ml)
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast (20g)
- 1 tbsp miso paste (20g)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (15g)
- Over medium high heat, add the diced onions and garlic and cook until lightly browned (2-3 minutes). Add in the sliced mushrooms, thyme, salt and pepper, and cook until the mushrooms shrink and the liquid has cooked off (6-8 minutes)
- In the mean time, blend the stroganoff sauce ingredients together until smooth. Set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add in 3 cups of vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add in the pasta and stroganoff sauce mixture.
- Stir and cook for 10-12 minutes until the noodles have cooked. If at any point the liquid has cooked off too much, add in the extra 1/2 cup of broth as needed. Add salt and pepper to taste before serving. Garnish with chives, scallions, parsley and/or vegan parmesan.
- This Stroganoff keeps well in the fridge for 2-3 days. If it looks like the sauce has dried out quite a bit, add back in 2-3 tbsp of non-dairy milk and mix. Reheat on the stove over medium low heat or microwave for 1-2 minutes until heated through.
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 375
- Sugar: 6.5g
- Sodium: 974mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 57g
- Fiber: 9.2g
- Protein: 19.5g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: mushroom stroganoff, one pot, vegan gluten free stroganoff