1- Bowl Vegan Matcha Chocolate Chip Cookies are thick and chewy, crispy on the edges & SO delicious! (Naturally sweetened, gluten free + oil free)
- 1/2 cup drippy cashew butter (120g // or tahini)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (100g // or use 1/4 cup maple syrup + 1/4 cup granulated sugar for crispier cookies)
- 1/4 cup aquafaba (60ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5g)
- 1/3 cup rice flour (54g)
- 1/2 cup oat flour (60g // homemade or store bought)
- 2 tbsp tapioca starch (15g)
- 1 1/2 tsp premium matcha powder (7g)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder (7g)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (60g)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Line a light coloured baking tray with parchment paper.
- Into a mixing bowl, add in the tahini, maple syrup, cane sugar, aquafaba, vanilla and whisk until well combined.
- Add in the rice flour, oat flour, tapioca starch and alt. Sift in the matcha and baking powder and mix until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a small cookie scoop and divide into 12 balls (see notes below for stickiness). Bake for 10 minutes. Let them cool on the baking tray for 2 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Sticky Dough: *depending on the ingredients used and humidity, the dough may be too sticky to work with. In this case, place the dough into the fridge for 10 minutes until firm enough to work with. I suggest scooping the dough onto the parchment paper and then using wet fingers to shape the dough into rounder circles.
- spatula, mixing bowls, whisk, parchment paper, light coloured baking tray :
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, japanese, north american
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 167
- Sugar: 11.2
- Sodium: 98
- Fat: 7.3
- Saturated Fat: 1.7
- Unsaturated Fat: 5
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 22.9
- Fiber: 1.7
- Protein: 3.3
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: matcha chocolate chip cookies, healthy chocolate chip cookies, vegan gluten free chocolate chip cookies