These Vegan Maple Walnut Scones are soft and moist on the inside with a crispy exterior. Incredibly easy and healthy scones to enjoy for breakfast or as a snack! Gluten Free + Oil Free.
- Pre-heat the oven to 425F.
- Into a food processor, add in the flour, almond flour, maple sugar and baking powder. Run the food processor until combined.
- Add in the coconut cream, coconut yogurt and vanilla extract, and pulse 8-10 times.
- Remove the dough from the food processor over parchment paper. Sprinkle the chopped walnuts over and bring the dough together with your hands. Form a circular disk around 1 inch tall.
- Slice into 6 equal pieces using a knife or pastry cutter.
- Optional step: brush the dough with maple syrup.
- Place into the oven for 15-18 minutes or until the top is golden brown (do a toothpick check to ensure cooked through, it should come out clean).
- Cool on a cooling rack and enjoy!
*If the dough seems a bit dry, add 1-2 tbsp more of coconut cream but be judicious with the amount put in.
I recommend weighing your ingredients for best results with the scones.
Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 scone
- Calories: 320
- Sugar: 8.7
- Sodium: 248mg
- Fat: 16.33
- Saturated Fat: 6.98
- Unsaturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 38.83g
- Fiber: 2.67
- Protein: 6.87
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: vegan scones, maple walnut, vegan biscuits