These Vegan Kimchi pancakes are spicy, salty, chewy and perfectly crispy. A quick & satisfying Korean side dish easily made with just 4-ingredients!
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch (or rice flour)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup kimchi, chopped
- 2 scallions roughly chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tbsp kimchi juice
- 1/3–½ cold cup water
- Chop the kimchi into bite sized pieces. Slice the scallion into 1 inch pieces.
- Into a large bowl, combine the flour, potato starch and salt and stir. Then add in the kimchi, kimchi juice, scallion and water. Stir the mixture until a thick batter forms and everything is well combined.
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat. Brush the pan with 1 tsp of oil (omit for oil-free). Pour all the batter onto the pan. Spread the batter to create an even layer. Fry until browned and crispy and the edges look slightly cooked. Flip the pancake and cook for another 3-4 minutes, or until browned and crispy.
- While waiting, prepare the dipping sauce by combining all the ingredients together.
- Once the pancakes are finished, slice into 6-8 pieces and serve with the dipping sauce. Enjoy!
- all purpose flour can be substituted with gluten free all purpose flour
- potato starch can be substituted with rice flour
- batter can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 2 days
- left over pancakes can be stored in the fridge in a air tight container and then reheated on the stove with a little oil to crisp up again
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Korean
- Serving Size: 1 pancake
- Calories: 423
- Sugar: 3.1g
- Sodium: 259mg
- Fat: 1.3g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.6g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 93.5g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Protein: 9.5g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: vegan kimchi pancake