This Vegan Kimchi Fried Rice is the perfect quick and easy weeknight meal. Healthy, flavour packed and ready in just 15 minutes!
- 1 block smoked tofu, cubed (200g)
- 1 cup homemade or store bought kimchi, roughly chopped (150g)
- 1/2 cup frozen vegetables (80g)
- 1.5 cup cooked rice (240g // day old and refrigerated, frozen OR under cooked preferred)
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce (tamari for gluten free)
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp gochujang
- 3 scallions, whites and greens separated
- In a medium sized wok (or frying pan) add the white parts of the scallions and fry over medium high heat for 1 minute with a drizzle of oil or water for oil free. Add in the kimchi and gochujang, and fry for another minute. Bring the heat down to a medium and add in the cooked rice, smoked tofu, frozen vegetables, and soy sauce. Fry until the rice has absorbed all the flavours.
- Then add in half of the green onion tops, drizzle in the sesame oil and fry for another minute.
- Serve immediately and garnish with remaining green onions, sesame seeds and nori strips.
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Korean
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 456
- Sugar: 6.3g
- Sodium: 1058mg
- Fat: 16.2g
- Saturated Fat: 2.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.1g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 53.8g
- Fiber: 6.4g
- Protein: 24.6g
- Cholesterol: 0