Healthy, 8-ingredient vegan Instant Pot Burrito Bowls! Easy, nutritious and just 20 minutes to prepare. Big flavour and perfect for lazy weeknights!
- 1/2 large onion, chopped (125g)
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (150g)
- 2 tbsp homemade taco seasoning (10g)
- 1 15oz can of black beans, drained & rinsed (260g)
- 1 10oz can of corn, drained (164g)
- 1/4 cup diced green chiles or pickled jalapeño (28g)
- 1 cup mild or hot salsa (265g)
- 1 cup long grain jasmine rice (180g)
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup vegan cheese, optional (56g // I used a mix of Earth Island, GoVeggie and Daiya)
- Lettuce, fresh tomatoes, red onions, green onions or cilantro
- Guacamole or avocado
- Vegan sour cream
- Set instant pot to sauté. Add onions and cook for 3 minutes. Add in the bell peppers and seasoning for cook for another 2 minutes until slightly tender. Turn off the sauté setting.
- Add in the black beans, corn, green chiles, salsa, rice and then water/broth. Ensure that the rice is fully submerged underwater (do not stir the rice but layer it evenly on top of the other ingredients). Press the white rice button and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Allow the pressure to release naturally.
- Divide and serve with toppings of your choice and enjoy!
- Helpful Equipment: Instant Pot
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: entree
- Method: instant pot
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, mexican
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 336
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 1111mg
- Fat: 1.6
- Saturated Fat: 0.37
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 70.6g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 12.1g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: instant pot burrito bowl, instant pot recipes, vegan burrito bowls