Hiyashi Chuka is a Japanese cold ramen noodle dish with an assortment of toppings doused in a delicious sesame sauce. A light and refreshing vegan meal perfect for the summer months!
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp ginger, grated
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 servings fresh ramen noodles (200g)
- 1 small tomato, sliced into quarters
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced (100g)
- 6 small slices of vegan ham, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup corn (100g)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Hot Japanese mustard (optional)
- Mix together the dressing ingredients and keep in the fridge to chill.
- If using an egg, fry the egg omelette style.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- While waiting, prep all your topping ingredients by slicing them into thin strips.
- Once the water comes to a boil, cook the ramen noodles according to the package instructions, just until they have a nice chewy bite.
- Drain the noodles and quickly rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process and to chill the noodles.
- Serve the noodles into a shallow bowl. Add all the toppings on top of the bed of ramen and pour over the sesame sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds, pickled ginger and hot mustard if desired.
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 807
- Sugar: 12.92g
- Sodium: 1847mg
- Fat: 28.4g
- Saturated Fat: 3.68g
- Unsaturated Fat: 19.5g
- Trans Fat: 0.08g
- Carbohydrates: 111g
- Fiber: 7.56g
- Protein: 30.63g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: hiyashi chuka japanese cold ramen noodle salad