These Healthy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft and chewy in the middle with crispy edges. Made with just 8 ingredients, in 1 bowl and in under 30 minutes! Oil Free + Gluten Free & Refined Sugar Free Option
- ½ tbsp molasses (10g)
- ¾ cup organic cane sugar (150g)*
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp soy milk (98g)**
- ¼ + 2 tbsp peanut butter (96g)***
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract (7g)
- 1.5 cup + 2 tbsp all purpose flour (202g // gluten free if needed)
- ½ tsp baking soda (2.5g)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips/chunks (85g)
- flaky salt for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180g). Line baking tray with parchment paper. Chop chocolate if not using chips.
- Into a large mixing bowl, mix together the sugar and molasses. Pour in the soy milk, peanut butter and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Sift in the flour and baking soda and fold it into the wet mixture using a spatula just until combined (do not over-mix). Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out the dough and place onto lined baking tray leaving at least 2 inches between each cookie (around 12 cookies, around 52-55g each).
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes depending on how crispy you want your cookies. 12 minutes for softer cookies and 15 for super crispy edges. Rotate the tray half way through baking time to encourage even baking.
- * Use coconut sugar for refined sugar free. Note that using all coconut sugar yields browner cookies with a softer texture.
- ** Use any plant based milk. For chewier softer cookies use aquafaba or full fat coconut milk.
- *** Can also substitute with spelt, whole wheat or gluten free flour blend. Increase baking time by 2-3 minutes.
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: North American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 181
- Sugar: 13.7g
- Sodium: 57mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 27.2g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter, chocolate,