These vegan gluten free vanilla cupcakes are super light and fluffy with the perfect amount of sweetness. Easy to make in 1 bowl and just 10 ingredients! (Eggless, dairy free + oil free).
- 1 1/4 cup canned lite coconut milk (270ml)*
- 1/4 cup non-dairy coconut yogurt (60ml)**
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract (15ml)
- 2 1/4 cup super fine almond flour (252g)
- 1/2 + 2 tbsp potato starch (120g)
- 3 tbsp white rice flour (28g)
- 2 tbsp corn starch (15g)
- 3/4 cup organic cane sugar (150g)***
- 2 tsp baking powder (10g)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda (4g)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 batch of cashew buttercream frosting, chocolate frosting, coconut cream yogurt frosting or coconut whip cream frosting
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F (180 C). Line a cupcake tray with 12 parchment liners.
- Add coconut milk, coconut yogurt and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Add in the almond flour, potato starch, corn starch, rice flour, cane sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt and whisk until well incorporated. The batter should be pourable but not too thin or liquidy.
- Divide batter evenly between the cupcake liners (about 3/4 of the way full).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes and until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. To double check, press the tops of one of the cupcakes– they should bounce back up and feel springy.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack and allow them to cool completely before frosting.
- Frost cooled cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting, coconut whip cream or coconut yogurt frosting.
- *You can use another non dairy milk but the cupcakes will lose some richness.
- ** I typically always use coconut yogurt where the texture is not too thick but also not runny (either Presidents Choice or So Delicious brand). If using a thicker yogurt, remove 1 tbsp and thin it out with 1 tbsp non dairy milk. The acidity levels of yogurt brands seems to differ slightly. If you have a yogurt that is neutral in flavour (less tang) add in 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar to ensure it reacts with the baking soda.
- *** For refined sugar free cupcakes, use coconut sugar but note that it does alter the flavour and look of the cupcakes.
- Helpful Equipment: cupcake tray, cupcake liners, mixing bowl, spatula, whisk, piping bags, Wilton 2D piping tip
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer) without frosting.
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, north american
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Calories: 226
- Sugar: 13.5g
- Sodium: 413mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9.4g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 28.3g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Protein: 4.7g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: vegan vanilla cupcakes, gluten free vanilla cupcakes, easy vegan cupcakes, 1 bowl cupcakes