This easy small batch gluten free vegan funfetti cake recipe is ultra moist and fluffy with the perfect soft crumb. Just 1-bowl and a handful of pantry staple ingredients required.
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk (125ml // or any thicker homemade nut milk)*
- 1/4 cup coconut yogurt (65g)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (5g)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (8g)
- 1/2 tsp almond extract, optional (3g)
- 1/4 heaping cup organic raw cane sugar (60g)
- 1/3 + 2 tbsp super fine oat flour (56g)
- 1/3 cup rice flour (48g)
- 1 tbsp potato starch (12g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp vegan sprinkles (30g // I used homemade sprinkles)
Whipped Cream Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). Grease or line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper (see notes below for other options).
- Into a mixing bowl, add in the coconut milk, coconut yogurt, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, almond extract and whisk until combined. Add in the sugar, oat flour, rice flour, potato starch, baking powder and baking soda and whisk until just combined. Then fold in 2 1/2 tbsp of vegan sprinkles.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Top with the remaining 1/2 tbsp of sprinkles. Bake for 28-34 minutes or until the top is springy to the touch and toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle. Cool in the pan for no more than 3 minutes. Then carefully transfer to a wire rack and cool completely before frosting.
- To make the whipped cream frosting, scoop the coconut cream into a bowl and use a electric hand mixer to whip for a few seconds. Sift in the powdered sugar and continue to beat until light and fluffy.
- Once cake has fully cooled, spread the frosting on top. Slice and enjoy!
- Helpful Equipment: 9×5 inch loaf pan or 7×7 inch inch square cake pan (will be slightly flatter) or 7.5 inch spring form circle cake tin, spatula, mixing bowls, whisk, electric hand mixer, sifter
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Recipe adapted from my Easy Gluten Free Vegan Vanilla Cupcakes Recipe
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, north american
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 261
- Sugar: 23.4g
- Sodium: 309mg
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated Fat: 5.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.7g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 45.7g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: vegan funfetti cake, gluten free funfetti cake, small batch cake, healthy cake, sheet pan vanilla cake