This easy recipe for Vegan Flourless Pumpkin Brownies are made in the food processor with just 8-ingredients. These brownies are grain-free, dairy free, oil free, refined sugar free. Enjoy as a healthy snack or dessert!
- 1/2 cup almond butter (130g)*
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (120g)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (85g)**
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed + 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (21g)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (45g)
- 1/2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice, optional
- 1 tbsp coconut cream, optional***
- PREHEAT: Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C).
- BATTER: Add all the ingredient except the chocolate chips into a food processor and process until smooth. Scrape down the sides as needed to make sure everything is well combined. Then mix in the chocolate.
- BAKE: Transfer the brownie batter into a lined 6×6 inch baking pan and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes. Check doneness by inserting the toothpick into 2-3 spots, the toothpick should come out with brownie crumbs (NOT raw batter) sticking to the toothpick.
- COOL: Allow the brownies to cool for 15 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to let them cool completely before cutting. Enjoy!
*Almond butter can be substituted with any other kind of nut or seed butter
**Maple syrup can be submitted with coconut sugar. This may slightly alter the brownies to have a less fudge-y texture.
***Coconut cream adds some richness to these brownies but is not crucial in this recipe. Coconut yogurt can be used in place of coconut cream.
Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: North American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 159
- Sugar: 9.1g
- Sodium: 206.9mg
- Fat: 10.3g
- Saturated Fat: 2.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.6g
- Trans Fat: 0.01g
- Carbohydrates: 15.16g
- Fiber: 2.86g
- Protein: 4.39g
- Cholesterol: 0g
Keywords: flourless brownies, pumpkin