These Vegan Black Bean Brownies are so fudgy and decadent you won’t believe they’re actually healthy and so easy to make! They require just 9 pantry staple ingredients that are gluten free, oil free and refined sugar free!
- 2 tbsp ground flax meal + 6 tbsp water (18g)
- 1.5 cup black beans (258g // 1 15oz can black beans rinsed and drained)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (83g)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (50g)
- ½ cup coconut sugar (90g)
- 1 tsp vanilla (5g)
- ¼ tsp baking soda (1g)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, chopped (75g)
- 3–4 tbsp Nature’s Charm Caramel Sauce (45g)
- flaky salt for topping, optional
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F (180 C). Line 6×6 inch baking tin or grease with oil.
- Add all the ingredient except the dark chocolate into a food processor and blend until combined ans smooth. Scrape down the sides of the food processor as needed.
- Add in the chopped chocolate and pulse blend a couple times to incorporate the chocolate into the batter.
- Transfer brownie batter into baking pan. Using a spatula, smooth out the top.
- Spoon some caramel sauce on top of the brownie. Spread or swirl the caramel over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Allow it to cool for 15 minutes before removing from baking pan. Place on cooling rack and cut into sliced when completely cooled.
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: Sweets
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 217
- Sugar: 217g
- Sodium: 260mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 3.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.2g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 25.5g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 6.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.23
Keywords: brownies, vegan brownies, gluten free brownies, flourless, chocolate, dairy free