Vegan Blueberry Lemon Cake that is simple and easy to make with wholesome ingredients! This healthy blueberry lemon cake is gluten free, dairy free, oil free, eggless and naturally sweetened with maple syrup. Perfect for breakfast or a quick snack.
- 1/2 cup blueberries (50g)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (80ml)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (60g)*
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt (120g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5g)
- ½ tsp almond extract, optional (3g)
- ½ tbsp lemon zest
- ¾ cup fine oat flour (90g)
- 1/2 cup almond flour (60g)
- 2 tbsp potato starch (14g)
- 1 tsp baking soda (5g)
- 1/4 tsp salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180C). Grease or line a 3.5×7 inch baking tin with parchment paper.
- Into a mixing bowl, add in the lemon juice, maple syrup, coconut yogurt, vanilla extract, almond extract and lemon zest and whisk until combined. Then add in the oat flour, almond flour, potato starch, baking soda and salt, and whisk until just combined. Fold in the blueberries. If using frozen blueberries, be sure to take it out right before folding them and toss them in 1/2-1 tbsp potato starch.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until top is golden and toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Mine was perfect at 37 minutes.
- Cool loaf for no more than 5 minutes in the pan. Then carefully remove and transfer to a wire rack, allowing for it completely cool. Slice, serve and enjoy!
- *This cake is not overly sweet. If you prefer a sweeter cake, add 2-3 tbsp of any dry granulated sugar or drizzle with a quick glaze on top by combining 1/2 cup powdered vegan sugar and 2-3 tbsp of lemon juice. Start with 2 tbsp and add 1 tsp at a time until desired consistency.
- Helpful Equipment: small batch loaf pan, spatula, mixing bowls, whisk
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, north american
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 262mg
- Fat: 6.7g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.5g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Protein: 4.2g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: healthy lemon blueberry loaf, vegan lemon blueberry cake, dairy free blueberry lemon yogurt bread