The BEST Vegan Protein Banana Muffins: fluffy, satisfying and incredibly delicious. They’re the perfect healthy breakfast or snack that comes together easily in 1 bowl in under 30 minutes. Made with just 7 simple ingredients and they’re low in sugar, gluten free and oil free.
- 3 medium bananas, mashed (approx. 365g)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (20g)*
- 3–4 tbsp non-dairy milk (45ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla, optional
- 1 tsp cinnamon, optional
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp gluten free flour (138g // I use half oat flour + half gluten free flour blend)
- 2.5 scoops of neutral or vanilla vegan protein powder (75g)*
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F (220 C)
- Add mashed banana, coconut sugar, 3 tbsp non-dairy milk, vanilla and cinnamon into a large bowl and whisk until combined. Add in the flour, vegan protein powder, baking powder and baking soda. Use a spatula and mix until a thick batter forms. If the batter looks too thick, add an extra tbsp of non-dairy milk (refer to video/photos).
- Divide the batter into 8 muffin tins. Bake for 5 minutes and then reduce the temperature to 350 F and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. Check doneness by inserting a toothpick in the centre of one of the muffins, it should come out clean.
- Remove from oven and let it cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Carefully transfer to a cooling rack and allow the muffins to cool for another 10 minutes before eating.
- *If using neutral protein, add in an additional 1-2 tbsp of coconut sugar for sweetness. See notes in blogpost for the protein powders I have tested these muffins with success.
- Storage: Keep at room temperature in a container for 2-3 days. Freeze muffins in an air tight container for up to 1 month. To reheat, thaw at room temperature with a lightly damp paper towel over it. Microwave for 20 seconds on high with lightly damp paper towel wrapped around the muffin.
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten free
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 153
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 111mg
- Fat: 1.8g
- Saturated Fat: 0.06g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.05g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 26.2g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Protein: 10g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: vegan protein muffins, banana protein muffins, high protein gluten free muffins