Black sesame muffins are a delicious bold twist on the classic banana muffins! Moist, fluffy and packed with wholesome ingredients. Freezer friendly and great for breakfast or snacking!
- 2 small ripe bananas (174g // 2/3 cup mashed)
- 2 1/2 tbsp maple syrup (55g)
- 3 tbsp black sesame paste (45g)
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk (83g)
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar (10g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5g)
- 1 1/3 cup rolled oats (133g // gluten free as needed)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder (7g)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda (3g)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips, optional for topping (40g)
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line 6 muffin cups with liners or grease with oil spray.
- Into a blender add in the banana, black sesame paste, non dairy milk, balsamic vinegar and vanilla and blend until smooth. Then add in the rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt and blend until smooth. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Divide the batter between 6 muffin cups (about 80-85g per muffin). Top with chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 F and bake for another 18-20 minutes. Cool in the pan for 2-3 minutes and then transfer to wire rack and allow them to cool completely. Enjoy!
- No blender method: Instead of using rolled oats, use 1 cup + 2 tbsp oat flour (133g). Mash the bananas into a bowl and mix with the rest of the wet ingredients. Add all the dry ingredients in and mix until combined. Divide between the muffin cups and bake as instructed.
- Recipe adapted from my chocolate chip tahini muffins & banana blender muffins
- Helpful Equipment: high speed blender, spatula, 6 cup muffin tin, muffin liners
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer) without chocolate chips.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, japanese, north american
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 183
- Sugar: 9.4
- Sodium: 173
- Fat: 5.6
- Saturated Fat: 0.69
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.03
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 29.8
- Fiber: 1.8
- Protein: 4.8
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: vegan oat flour muffins, black sesame muffins, tahini muffins, gluten free tahini muffins, blender muffins