Vegan Apple Cobbler with a biscuit-like topping made with wholesome ingredients for the easiest, coziest fall treat. Wonderfully sweet, spiced & so yummy!
- 3–4 medium baking apples (500g after peeled and sliced)
- 1/4 cup maple sugar (48g // or coconut sugar)
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, micro grated (optional)
- 1/8 tsp cardamom, optional
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Lightly grease a 9×6 inch (or anything similar) baking tin.
- Wash, peel, core and slice the apples 1/4 of an inch thick. Then toss the apples with the maple sugar, corn starch, lemon juice, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and salt until everything is well coated. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, add the almond flour, oat flour, potato starch, baking powder, maple sugar, cinnamon and salt to a bowl and whisk to combine. Add 6 tbsp of full fat coconut milk and the vanilla and stir to form a thick batter. Add additional coconut milk as needed (refer to batter consistency above). Using a cookie scoop, drop the batter (about 5-6 scoops) onto the apples. Optionally, brush with more coconut milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until tops are golden brown and apples are bubbly. If using a glass pan, bake 5-10 minutes longer. At any point if you find the biscuit browning quickly cover with foil and continue to bake.
- Allow cobbler to cool for 15-20 minutes before serving. Enjoy with dairy free vanilla ice cream, coco whip or caramel sauce.
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, north american
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 382
- Sugar: 38.9g
- Sodium: 260
- Fat: 15.1g
- Saturated Fat: 5.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8.7g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 61.7g
- Fiber: 6.7g
- Protein: 5.9g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: vegan apple cobbler, gluten free apple cobbler, healthy apple cobbler