Healthy Vegan Apple Cinnamon Bread with Crumb Topping! Moist, fluffy and packed with delicious Apple flavour— this loaf screams FALL! It just so happens to also be oil free, refined sugar free and gluten free.
- 1 tbsp maple sugar
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- 2 tbsp oat flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut or almond butter
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds + 6 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (50g)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (45g)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp soy milk (160g)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 cup shredded apples (185g)
- 1 3/4 cup gluten free flour (210g)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 8×4.5 inch loaf pan or spray with oil.
- Flax egg: mix the ground flax seeds with water and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Crumb Topping: Into a small bowl combine all the ingredients for the crumb topping. Pinch the mixture between your fingers until crumbly and mixed throughly.
- Wet Ingredients: Into a bowl combine the wet ingredients EXCEPT the grated apple. Whisk throughly until well mixed. Then add in the grated apple and mix again.
- Dry Ingredients: Sift in the dry ingredients. Using a spatula mix until well combined using folding motions.
- Transfer: The batter into a loaf pan and flatten the top using the spatula. Evenly top with the crumb topping.
- Bake: in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove it from the oven and cover with foil. Then bake for another 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool: in the loaf pan for 10 minutes. Then carefully remove from the loaf pan and allow it to completely cool on a cooling rack before slicing through.
Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: North American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 211
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 291mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 0.87g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 36.5g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Protein: 4.2
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: healthy apple bread, crumb topping, cinnamon sugar