- 2 Eggplant Kabayaki, prepared
- 2 cups cooked Japanese short grain rice
- 1/2 sheet nori, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup kombu dashi
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp tea of choice
- 1/4 tsp Japanese soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp mirin, optional
- pinch of salt, to taste
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1 tsp toasted white sesame seeds
- wasabi, optional
- Japanese pickled, optional
- Japanese white sansho pepper, optional
- Add tea leaves to a steeper and pour over water. Let it sit for about 5 minutes. Warm up the kombu dashi over medium low heat. Then pour kombu dashi into the tea pot. You can add Japanese soy sauce, mirin and some salt to taste. Set aside.
- Prepare the eggplant kabayaki as instructed in my Unagi Don recipe.
- Add rice to a bowl and brush the rice with more unagi sauce. Add cut up nori strips and then place the eggplant unagi on top. Ganish with sesame seeds and scallions.
- Pour the tea dashi over. Serve with condiments of choice and enjoy!