Learn the secrets to making perfect tofu scramble with this recipe that turns out eggy, soft and delicious every time! The perfect vegan alternative to scrambled eggs made in 15 minutes with just 8 ingredients.
- 1/3 cup nondairy milk (83ml // or water)
- 2 tbsp cashew butter (32g // or tahini)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (8g)
- 1 tsp miso paste (5g // or 1/2 tsp vegetable boullion)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp black salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder, optional
- 1/2 tsp onion powder, optional
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 block soft tofu (200g)*
- 1/2 block firm tofu (200g)
- Add all the eggy sauce ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Alternatively, you can whisk all the ingredients into a bowl until combined.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat. Crumble the firm tofu into the pan and then use a wooden spatula and move it to one side of the pan. Add in the soft tofu and use the wooden spatula to cut through the soft tofu. Do not over cut or as you mix it, it will become too mushy.
- Pour in the eggy sauce and then slowly start mixing the soft tofu with the firm tofu with wooden spatula until combined. Cook without stirring for about 3-5 minutes. Give a piece of the tofu a taste and add some salt if desired. Continue to cook and stir every 1 minute until liquid is evaporated to the consistency you like (about 6-8 minutes).
- Serve immediately and garnish with spring onions and pepper.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 230
- Sugar: 1.7g
- Sodium: 731mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 6.4g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 24.7g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: vegan egg scramble, tofu scramble, tofu scrambled eggs