Learn how to make the BEST tried & true Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies that are thick and chewy in the middle with perfectly crispy edges.
- 1/2 cup organic granulated cane sugar (100g)*
- 1/2 cup organic brown sugar (110g)*
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted (112g)*
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp coconut milk / aquafaba or a combination of both, room temperature (90ml)*
- 2 tsp vanilla (10g)
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour (270g // gluten free all purpose mix if needed)
- 1 tsp baking soda (5g)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chunks/chips (120g)
- fancy sea salt
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cane sugar, brown sugar, melted coconut oil, aquafaba/coconut milk and vanilla until combined.
- Sift in the all purpose flour and baking soda and add in the salt. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet using a folding motion with a large spatula. This helps with not over mixing. Mix until the batter looks almost fully uniform.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. until evenly dispersed throughout the batter. This also finished off mixing the batter.
- Cover the bowl with a lid or wrap and place into the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F (180 C)*
- Using a medium cookie scoop, portion out the dough into equal sized balls (around 50g each) and roll into a tall ball (refer to photos).
- Place the cookie dough on a lined baking tray leaving 2 inches between each cookie and bake for 10-13 minutes, or until there are golden brown spots.
- Let them cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes. Then transfer onto a wire rack to let them cool completely before eating.
- Cane sugar can be substituted with coconut sugar or maple sugar however the texture will not be as crisp around the edges.
- Brown sugar can be substituted with coconut sugar or maple sugar + 1/2 tbsp molasses.
- Be sure to use aquafaba/coconut milk that is warm or at least room temperature so that the coconut oil does not solidify.
- I use a combination of coconut milk and aquafaba for the perfect chewy moist texture. You can use all coconut milk for ultra moist cookies or all aquafaba for chewy cookies. Nutritional Information
- Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer)
- Category: Sweets
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 216
- Sugar: 17g
- Sodium: 160mg
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.3g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 30.5g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: vegan chocolate chip cookies