This vegan rice casserole dump dinner features aromatic rice, chickpeas, vegetables and a spicy thai coconut curry sauce. The perfect weeknight dinner thats hearty, packed with flavour and so easy to make!
Thai Coconut Red Curry Sauce
- 3–4 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (250ml)
- 1 cup vegetable broth or water (250ml)
- 1.5 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large carrot, sliced (125g)
- 1 medium onion, sliced (80g)
- 1 small bell pepper (90g)
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (250g)
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped (180g)
- 1 cup jasmine rice, dry (185g)
- lime juice
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- Add all the thai coconut red curry sauce ingredients into a 9×10 inch casserole dish and stir until combined. Then toss in the chopped carrots, onions, bell peppers and chickpeas. Evenly spread the rice on top.
- Cover and seal the casserole dish tightly using aluminum foil. Bake casserole for 50 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and scatter broccoli on top. Cover with foil and bake for another 10 minutes, until the broccoli is cooked.
- Remove from the oven and serve with lime juice and cilantro.
- Helpful Equipment: 8×11 inch casserole dish
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).