Japanese sweet potatoes stuffed with melty cheese! Quick, easy and healthy– perfect as a snack or as side dish.
- 1 medium Japanese sweet potato, cooked (net weight cooked without skin 270g)
- 2–3 tbsp potato starch (20-30g)
- 3–4 tbsp non-dairy milk (45-60ml)
- vegan cheese, as needed
- 2–3 tsp vegan butter (10-15g)
- pinch of salt
- Mash the sweet potato until mostly smooth. Add lesser amount of potato starch and non-dairy milk. Depending on how dry the sweet potato is, you may need more potato starch or non-dairy milk. The consistency should be not too sticky nor dry where you can roll them into balls.
- Divide the mixture into 5-6 equal portions. Flatten in your hands and then place some cheese in the middle, and then wrap it closed.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat. Add vegan butter and then place the potato mochis on the pan. Cook until golden brown and then flip (about 3 minutes). Cook until golden brown again (about 2 minutes).
- Drizzle with a little maple syrup. Serve and enjoy!
- Category: snacks
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: vegan gluten free, japanese
- Serving Size: 1 serving
Keywords: sweet potato mochi, imo mochi, japanese sweet potato