This easy Vegan Strawberry Lemon Snack Cake is so light, fresh and fluffy with the perfect amount of sweetness. Made with simple ingredients in 1-bowl, this recipe is also gluten free and oil free!
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (120ml)
- 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp silken tofu puree (200g // or non dairy yogurt)*
- 1/2 cup condensed coconut milk (160ml)**
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 3/4 cup oat flour (210g // store bought or homemade)
- 3/4 cup almond flour (84g)
- 1/4 cup potato starch (30g)***
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pint of strawberries (400g)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F (180 C). Line a 7×11 inch baking pan inch with parchment paper. You could also use a 9×9 inch or 7×10 inch baking pan. Slice strawberries lengthwise, about 0.5 mm in thickness.
- Add lemon juice, tofu puree, condensed coconut milk, lemon zest, vanilla and almond extract to a mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Then add in the oat flour, almond flour, potato starch, baking soda and salt and stir until just combined. Depending on the humidity of your kitchen, you may need to add 1-2 tbsp of water or non dairy milk. The batter should be quite thick but still pourable. Transfer the batter to the prepared baking tray and use a spatula to smooth out the top. Place on strawberry slices, close together as they do shrink when baked.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. To check doneness, insert a toothpick in the middle of the cake, it should come out clean or with a few cooked crumbs. The surface should also be light in colour.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 1-2 minutes and then carefully transer over to a wire rack and let it fully cool before serving.
- Serve as is or with coconut whip cream, powdered sugar or ice cream!
- *I have tested this recipe using only tofu, only a thin coconut yogurt and half tofu + half yogurt. If you can, I highly recommend using half tofu half yogurt for best texture but any variation will still work and come out delicious! It’s just a slight change in overall texture.
- ** If you don’t have coconut condensed milk, you can either easily make it or use 1/4 cup (60ml) of full fat coconut milk and 1/2 cup (120g) of granulated sugar.
- *** I have tested this recipe with tapioca starch, corn starch and potato starch. They all work but I find potato starch yields the perfect crumb without any trace of gumminess.
- Helpful Equipment: 7×11 inch baking pan, parchment paper, mixing bowl, whisk, spatula
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, north american
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 303
- Sugar: 10.56g
- Sodium: 86mg
- Fat: 14.1g
- Saturated Fat: 5.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.6g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 10.8g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: strawberry cake, lemon cake, vegan snack cake, gluten free sheet cake