Vegan rice casserole with protein packed sesame ginger tempeh and loaded with vegetables. The best all-in-one kinda meal made in one pan!
- Cube the tempeh into 3/4 inch pieces. Add all the marinade ingredients into a shallow container and mix until combined. Add in the tempeh and let it marinade while preparing the rest of the dish.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F. Rinse the rise and set aside. Chop up all the vegetables into bite sized pieces. If using onions and/or carrots add those to the bottom of the 9×13 inch casserole dish first. Evenly spread the rice over the casserole dish. Add on the rest of the vegetables and pour over the vegetable broth. Make sure the rice is fully submerged under the water. Add the tempeh pieces on top and then pour in the remaining marinade on top.
- Tightly cover with foil and bake at 375 F for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven, gently mix and then continue baking for another 20-25 minutes or until rice is fully cooked. Let it cool for 5 minutes before serving and garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds
- Helpful Equipment: 9×13 inch casserole dish
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: entree
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, asian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 434
- Sugar: 13
- Sodium: 705mg
- Fat: 13
- Saturated Fat: 2.5
- Unsaturated Fat: 9.6
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 63.2
- Fiber: 6.8
- Protein: 19.3
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: tempeh recipes, vegan rice casserole, vegetarian rice casserole, marinated tempeh, baked sesame tempeh