- 1 bundle of frozen udon noodles (about 200g)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp vegan butter or margarine (10g)
- 1 tsp sugar (4g)
- 2 tsp miso paste (10g)
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, divided (18g)
- 1 tsp soy sauce or mentsuyu
- 1/4 cup canned or frozen corn (50g)
- 2 pieces of lettuce or cabbage (80g)
- nori, for garnish
- scallions, for garnish
- Place udon noodles into a bowl and microwave until 75% thawed and warmed (about 2 minutes total at 600W).
- In the meantime, grind 1 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds (this step is optional but it brings out the sesame flavour more).
- Add garlic, vegan butter, miso paste, soy sauce, ground up sesame seeds, sugar and corn. Mix everything well and then microwave for another minute.
- Top with togarashi, nori and scallions. Enjoy!
- Helpful Equipment: microwave safe with with a lid
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: entree
- Method: microwave
- Cuisine: vegan, japanese
- Serving Size: 1 serving
Keywords: vegan udon noodles, miso butter noodles, miso sesame noodles, quick udon noodles