- 2 slices of your favourite bread (I used sourdough)
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegan butter (22g)
- 1 garlic clove, micro grated
- 4–5 tbsp vegan melty cheese
- 2–3 tsp chili sauce of choice (chili crisp oil, sambal oelek or sriracha)
- 1 scallion, sliced
- Mix the micro grated garlic with vegan butter. Spread the garlic butter on one side for both pieces of bread. Place one slice on a non stick pan over medium low heat, butter side down. Spread a thick layer of melty vegan cheese and then drizzle on chili sauce of choice (the amount will depend on how spicy you like it, experiment!). Add a generous amount of scallions and then place the second slice of bread on top.
- Let it grill until toasted and beautifully golden brown (about 3-4 minutes). I like to cook it until I see a nice char (almost burnt). Carefully flip the grilled cheese and continue to cook (about 2 minutes).
- When you reach a toasty golden brown, remove from the pan. Slice, serve with ketchup (if desired) and enjoy!
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).