Delicious seasoned rice stuffed with cheese and coated in a golden panko exterior, Rice Croquettes (Rice Korokke) make for the perfect snack or appetizer. This rice croquette recipe doesn’t require deep frying so it’s much healthier and easier to make! (Vegan)
- : Over medium toast the panko until golden brown– this takes about 1 minute. Shake the pan to prevent burning. Once it’s golden brown transfer to a rimmed tray or bowl immediately.
- Season the rice: Mix the rice with ketchup and corn. Add pepper and salt to taste. Use a small spatula or the side of a spoon to prevent mushing the rice. Divide the rice into 4 equal portions.
- Mold and stuff: Place a piece of cling wrap onto your hand and place one portion of the rice in the middle. Gently flatten the rice and then add some vegan cheese in the middle. Cup the rice with your hands and then fold the edges over to roughly cover the cheese. Twist the cling wrap securely. Unravel the cling wrap and place the rice ball onto a microwave safe plate. Using the same piece of cling wrap, cover the rice balls and microwave at 600W for 30 seconds or until heated through (the rice balls should be warm to the touch).
- Coat in panko: Roll the rice balls in the toasted panko. Top with dried parsley or aonori. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Category: side dish
- Method: microwave
- Cuisine: vegan, japanese
- Serving Size: 1 serving (2 pieces)
- Calories: 334
- Sugar: 5.9g
- Sodium: 483mg
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.4g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 64.8g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 5.5g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: korokke, rice balls, onigiri, croquette