Super quick and easy pan fried noodles packed with flavour! The perfect weeknight meal that is easily customizable.
- 1/2 small onion, sliced (50g)
- 4 scallions, white and green separated (48g)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp minced ginger, optional
- 300g fresh gluten free / rice noodles (or can use 200g dry, pre soaked)
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mushroom sauce (or hoisin)
- 1–2 tbsp chili bean sauce, depending on how spicy you like it
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 cups green vegetables of choice (I used spinach)
- Heat a fry pan or wok with 2 tbsp of oil over high heat. Add onions and fry for 1 minute. Add the white parts of the scallions, ginger and onion and fry for another 30 seconds. If adding protein (tofu, vegan grounds, soy curls etc), add them now and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the green parts of the scallions and noodles. Then add all the sauce ingredients in and cook, mixing everything together (about 2 minutes). If using dry noodles, fry until noodles are cooked 90% cooked. Add a few tablespoons of water as needed to ensure it does not stick to the pan. Lastly, add a handful of spinach (of your choice of greens) and cook for 30 seconds or until cooked through (other vegetables may take longer such as bok choy).
- Transfer to a bowl, top with sesame seeds and enjoy!
- Helpful Equipment: wok or non-stick frying pan, wooden paddle
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
Keywords: stir fried noodles, chinese fried noodles, fried rice noodles