SAVE IT FOR LATER! ↓
If you recreate this Potato Mochi Soup recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
Hungry for more? Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest for more deliciousness!
- 1/2 medium onion (80 g), sliced
- 2 small potatoes (300 g), peeled and diced into 1 inch chunks
- 2 vegan sausages (100 g), sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 g) vegan butter
- 1 3/4 cup (425 ml) unsweetened soy milk
- 2 pieces (100 g) kiri mochi
- 1 tbsp (18 g) white miso paste
- 1/4 tsp salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp (12 g) nutritional yeast, optional
- Thinly slice onions. Peel the potatoes, wash and then chop into 1 inch chunks. Slice sausages into bite size pieces. Cut kiri mochi into 4 pieces.
- Heat a small pot over medium-high heat and add vegan butter. Add the onions and potatoes and stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add the sausage and fry for a minute. Cover and let it cook on low heat until you can pierce a chopstick through it.
- Increase heat to medium and pour in the soy milk. Stir in salt, pepper and nutritional yeast if using. Add the sliced mochi and mix. Heat the soup until the mochi is soft (reduce the heat as needed, it shouldn’t bubble over). Taste and add more salt and pepper, as needed.
- Turn off the heat, remove from stove and divide between two bowls. Garnish with dried parsley and/or black pepper, and enjoy!
Okonomi Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase something through my amazon affiliate links, I earn a small commission that helps me produce consistent content at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my plant based kitchen!