- 1/3 cup (60g) traditional or soft tofu
- 1/4 tsp (1g) black salt
- pinch of turmeric, optional for colour
- 2 scallions (30g), sliced
- 1 cup (210g) cooked day old white rice
- 1 tsp (5ml) soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp msg, or mushroom stock powder
- pinch of salt, to taste
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 cup (35g) lettuce, shredded
- 10 chips (30g) potato chips (I used salted nori flavour)
- Over medium heat, add tofu and break it up with the back of your spatula. Add turmeric and black salt and cook for 30 seconds to mix in turmeric and black salt. Add oil and white part of scallions. Cook for 2 minutes or until translucent.
- Increase heat to high and add the cold rice, soy sauce and msg. Cook and toss the rice for about 30 seconds, enough for the rice to heat up. Then add the lettuce and scallions, cooking and tossing for another 30 seconds. When complete, turn off the heat. Quickly crush in potato chips and give it one last toss. Transfer to a bowl, flip over onto a plate. Crush with more potato chips and enjoy!
- Helpful Equipment:
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).