Deliciously thick, chewy and full of peanut butter flavour! These vegan peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookie bars are the perfect healthier treat.
- 2/3 cup peanut butter (166g)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (96g)
- 1 tbsp miso paste, optional (15g // if omitting, use add 1/2 tsp salt)
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (60ml)
- 2.5 tbsp aquafaba (40g)*
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (10g)
- 1 cup + 1/3 cup gluten free rolled or flaked oats (130g // divided)**
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (2.5g)
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips (85g)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Line the bottom of a 7×7 inch baking pan or 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Add 1 cup of oats to a blender or food processor and blend until flour-like consistency. Skip if using oat flour.
- Into a large bowl, add the peanut butter, coconut sugar and miso paste and mix until combined. Add in the non dairy milk, aquafaba and vanilla and stir until combined. Then add in the oat flour, rolled oats and baking soda and mix until combined. Fold in most of the chocolate chips, reserving a handful for adding on top.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared baking pan and spread evenly using a the back of a spatula. Top with remaining chocolate chips. Bake for 24-27 minutes (do not over-bake). 24 minutes for super soft and gooey bars and 27 minutes for crispier cookie bars. Cool in the pan for 3-5 minutes before removing. Then transfer to a wire rack and allow them to cool for another 15 minutes before slicing. Serve and enjoy!
- *Aquafaba is the liquid from unsalted canned chickpeas. If you do not have aquafaba, sub with same amount of non-dairy milk or use 2 flax eggs. To make flax eggs, stir together 2 tbsp ground flax and 4 tbsp of water and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- **If you already have oat flour on hand, use 3/4 heaping cup (100g) of oat flour and 1/4 cup (30g) rolled oats.
- Recipe slightly adapted from these Cashew Butter Blondies
- Helpful Equipment: 7×7 inch baking pan OR 9×5 inch loaf pan, mixing bowl, spatula
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, north american
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 262
- Sugar: 16.9g
- Sodium: 209
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 3.4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7.2g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 30.9g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: peanut butter cookie bars, peanut butter oatmeal bars, chocolate chip peanut butter oatmeal bars