This No Bake Salted Caramel Cheesecake is easy to make and requires just 8 ingredients! It’s creamy, rich yet light and drizzled with the most amazing salted caramel sauce spiked with soy sauce. (Vegan + Gluten Free)
- 150g dates
- 1 scant cup gluten free quick oats (80g)*
- 12 oz vegan cream cheese (336g // I used this homemade recipe)**
- 2 tbsp condensed coconut milk (40g // or any liquid sweetener of choice)
- 3/4 cup thick coconut yogurt (180g // or canned coconut cream)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (16ml)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (10ml)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce caramel (125ml // or any salted caramel of your choice)
- Add the dates and oats to a food processor and blend until a stick dough forms. Press it into a lined 6×6 inch baking tin with your fingers or something with a flat surface like a cup (I used a flat potato masher).
- Next, add the vegan cream cheese, condensed coconut milk, coconut yogurt, lemon juice and vanilla extract to the food processor and blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed. Pour the filling into the baking tin and smooth out the top with a spatula. Place into the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- If your caramel sauce is cold and thick, microwave for 10 seconds until just pourable. Pour over top of the cheesecake and then chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight.
- Remove from baking tin, slice into desired pieces and enjoy!
- Oats: Quick oats give the best texture but if you only have rolled oats on hand, pulse the oats first and then add in the dates. You could also use 80-100g of walnuts or any nuts if you prefer a more buttery or oat free crust.
- Cream Cheese: The homemade cream cheese I used is quite thick. If you don’t want to make a whole batch of cream cheese, when making the filling substitute the cream cheese for 285g extra firm tofu, 35g cashews, 1.5 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar and 1 tsp of nutritional yeast.
- Helpful Equipment: spatula, mixing bowls, high speed blender, food processor, 6×6 inch baking tin
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).