Quick & easy vegan Napolitan made with spaghetti, onion, garlic, mushrooms, bell pepper and KETCHUP. Have a taste of one of Japan’s most popular pasta dish.
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp ketchup (105g)
- 3 tbsp non-dairy milk (45ml)
- 1 tbsp Japanese Worcester sauce (15g)
- 1 tsp soy sauce (15g // or tamari for gluten free)
- 2 servings spaghetti noodles (200g // gluten free if needed)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced (220g)
- 6–8 button mushrooms, thinly sliced (100g)
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced (150g)
- 2 vegan sausages, sliced (200g)
- Cook the pasta following manufacture’s directions on the back.
- In the meantime, fry the garlic and onions with some oil (or water for oil-free) in a large pan over medium high heat just until the onions get slightly translucent. Then add in the mushrooms and bell pepper and sauté for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, scoot the vegetables to one side of the pan and cook the sausage on each side for about 1 minute or until you get a bit of browning on it. Then continue to sauté with the rest of the vegetables.
- Add all the sauce ingredients and mix it with the rest of the ingredients. Then add the pasta and toss with everything using tongs (this helps the pasta not clump up and break). Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- If the pasta looks dry, add in 1 tbsp of pasta cooking water to loosen the noodles.
- Serve immediately with tabasco sauce, vegan parmesan cheese and parsley. Enjoy!
- Category: entree
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, japanese
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 623
- Sugar: 15.9g
- Sodium: 1897mg
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.7g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 103.6g
- Fiber: 14.6g
- Protein: 35.9g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: naporitan, ketchup pasta, ketchup on spaghetti, spaghetti napolitan, japanese pasta