- 2 (80 g) cups spinach
- 2 cups (36 g) herbs of choice*
- 1/4 cup (30 g) pine nuts**
- 2–3 (9 g) garlic cloves
- 1 (30 g) ice cube
- 1 1/2 tbsp (30 g) miso paste (I used awase miso)
- 1 tbsp (7 g) nutritional yeast, optional
- 1 tbsp (15 g) lemon juice
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp perilla oil, optional
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Blanch (optional): Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the spinach and herbs for 5 seconds. Quickly shock with ice water and strain. Squeeze out as much of the liquid as you can.
- Blend: add the spinach, herbs, pine nuts, garlic, ice cube, miso paste, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, grapeseed oil, aroma oils (if using), salt and pepper to a blender. Blend until desired consistency. If you prefer more texture, you can pulse blend it in a food processor.
- Season: Taste the pesto and add any additional seasonings to your liking. The pesto is ready to be used!
- To store: Transfer to a air tight container. Drizzle a bit of neutral oil on top to preserve colour and keep in the fridge for up to 6-7 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.