These Mini Blueberry Galette look fancy but are so easy to make! Crispy shortbread-like crusts filled with sweet-tart juicy blueberries– the perfect summer time dessert. (Vegan, Gluten Free + Oil Free)
- 1 cup blueberries (170g)
- 1 tsp cornstarch (4g)
- 2 tsp organic cane sugar (10g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5g)
- 1.5 tsp lemon juice (8g)
- ½ tsp almond extract, optional (3g)
- Into a bowl, mix together all of the filling ingredients until blueberries are well coated. Set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F. Line a baking sheet with silpat or parchment paper.
- Mix the almond flour, oat flour and tapioca starch into a bowl. Then add the apple sauce and 3 water and mix until a dough forms. If it’s too thick, add in the remaining water (and more as needed). If the dough gets too sticky, add in more almond flour 1 tbsp at a time until the dough is easy to work with (if it sticks a bit to your hands that’s okay). Roll out the dough between two pieces of parchment paper about 1/4 cm in thickness. Then cut 3 rounds using a 5 inch cookie cutter. I used a 5 inch cake tin but you could also use a bowl or cup and trace a circle out using a sharp knife. With the left over dough, roll into a ball and then roll it out into a circle between parchment paper. Place the cut out dough onto prepared baking sheets.
- Place about 1/4 cup (about 50g) of the filling into the middle of each round. Then tightly and carefully fold the edges over the filling (leaving the middle exposed), overlapping each fold as you go. Be sure to tightly fold so that they don’t unfold. Brush the pie edges with some coconut milk/cream if desired (this will brown the crust).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling. Top with ice cream or coconut whip cream and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, north american
- Serving Size: 1 gallette
- Calories: 211
- Sugar: 6.8g
- Sodium: 41mg
- Fat: 11.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9.5g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 22.9g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Protein: 6.1g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: vegan Blueberry gallette, healthy fruit gallette, gluten free gallette